Lindas Cakery - Linda's Cakery: Horrible customer service, ugly cake, and a giant rip off.
We found Linda's Cakery at a local bridal show and were very excited about having her make our wedding cake. During the consultation, Linda was professional and seemed easy to work with. However, a couple days later, problems started to arise. First, a phone call asking us to make a payment that we had already previously made at the consultation. When we informed her of this, we were told it must have been misplaced. It must be noted that apparently Linda's record keeping skills are... Well, non-existent, because that was followed by multiple calls asking questions that were already discussed either during the consultation, or during one of the previous calls. A week before the wedding we even received a call asking what our colors were. That was one of the first things discussed at the consultation. Now on to the product itself, we ordered one of her signature cakes called the "Topsy Turvy" in "shades of purple". Now we admittedly must have given too much artistic freedom when it comes to color choice. Because, as we say "shades of purple", what must have been heard was blue and pink. Upon arriving at the tent for the reception, I approached Linda with the intention of finding out whether she had mistakenly delivered our cake to a baby shower, but before I could get a word out, she informed me that "my" cake was falling and that it needed to be cut NOW. Seeing that I have no intention of feeding my guests a main course of cake, I told her to separate the cakes into two pieces to avoid having it end up on the ground. To this, she replied: "I don't care if the cake gets ruined. You don't understand how long I spent putting it together." After conveying to her how little I in fact cared about her "time spent" (that I paid her, far more than I care to admit, for) she split the cakes as asked. We have also had guests come to us afterward and tell us how the cake was already sagging when she brought it out of her car. Something she completely denies. The cake was delicious. The "boy" tiers were chocolate with peanut butter filling. The "girl" tiers were white cake with strawberry. When we went to take the cake stand back the following day, we decided to just voice our complaint and leave. When I brought up the color mistake she pulled out balls of fondant wrapped in red saran wrap (POP QUIZ: Blue + Red =?), slapped them on the table and said "there is your colors". When we brought up the fact that our cake looked clinically depressed, she gave a whole line about the weather and dew points and so on. It was 85 degrees with a 4.5 mph breeze with 48 percent humidity (as per the National Weather Service). When my husband pointed out that it simply was not what we paid for, we were informed that if we were to receive any monetary compensation, it is understood that we will not "go online with this". Then another woman came in yelling about legal documents we would need to sign stating the same. It makes me wonder with all the good reviews and only a few bad, how many Linda's Cakery customers leave with hush money because, the cake tasted good, but the service left a bad taste in my mouth.
Here is a picture of our cake. If you can find the purple, you're not color blind.
(Hint: It's the ribbon and the table cloth.)
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Wedding Cake
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "French's Mustard has been using a very deceptive label on their 20 oz. mustard. The top of the label, in very large bold print, reads “40% MORE”. Then..."
- "As race fans attend these events, they have the illusion that all the race teams are in Good Standing within the business community and/or general public, when they are not...."
- "Been using them for about 5 years. Never had a problem. I enjoy making cakes, and wish i could Find and upload all the photos of each cake where i..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."